This is pure delight. Imagine a dreamy-soft lambswool fleece woven into a smooth organic cotton backing. Much better than a traditional sheepskin, which is cured with toxic chemicals. Unmatched in it’s softness, the wool fibers stand about 1” high.
It’s therapeutic for those who spend a lot of time in bed, or are prone to bed sores. This topper may also be helpful for those with fibromyalgia. It is incredibly healing, breathable and great for circulation.
Studies have shown that your heart rate is lowered when you sleep on a natural surface, resulting in a deeper sleep.
Toppers are great for not only creating a natural sleeping surface, but for softening a bed.
Every synthetic mattress is required by law to contain fire retardant chemicals. Even a cotton futon. One solution? Put a topper in between you and those chemicals!
We hand make all of our wool toppers using our Premium Eco-Wool™ sourced from our sustainable wool program using west coast U.S.A. wool. This wool is woven into a backing of organic cotton creating a fleece.
This Product Uses The Following Raw Materials:
Our natural fleece is made up of two fabrics that create an all natural and sustainable sheepskin without the use of harsh tanning chemicals. Instead of skin, the Premium Eco-Wool™ is woven into a backing of organic cotton knit yarns. This creates a stable fabric for the wool to stand vertically, supported by the woven cotton backing. This is constructed much like a shag rug if you will.
- Made of Premium Eco-Wool™ Batting, sourced from USA, West Coast and produced in accordance with our Sustainable Wool Program
- Made with 100% organic cotton yarn grown in India, woven in MA, USA.
- Fleece is milled in MA, USA.
We are committed to using only the highest quality natural materials, sourced as locally as possible.
- Crib 28” x 52”
- Twin 36”-38” x 75”
- Twin XL 36”-38” x 81”
- Full 54” x 75”
- Queen 60” x 81”
- King & CAL King 76” x 81”
- Fleece fabric is 33 oz/sq yd
- Loft is approx. 1” tall
Toppers are too big to fit in most machines and are also not constructed with specific techniques that enable washing. Spot clean this item instead.
Do I need to wash my bedding before I use it?
- No, your wool bedding is ready to use. There’s no need to wash it unless it’s your preference. There are no chemicals located in our production facility, no animals on-site, no finishes used on the fabric and we maintain a Scent Free facility.
Can my bedding be washed & how?
- Most of our wool bedding can be washed using our special washing instructions provided with your purchase. If you need a copy of the washing instructions please Contact Us and we’ll email it to you as soon as possible.
In case of emergency:
- Gently spot clean the affected area.
- Set aside to later wash the entire product once you have received the washing instructions.
- You can also treat the problem area with live cultured enzymes which eliminate odors. (i.e. Biokleen makes a product called Bac Out.) These enzyme products can be found at your local health food store/ co-op.
- If you need another copy of the washing instructions, please contact us.
Can I take it to a dry cleaner?
- We do not recommend dry cleaning unless it is taken to a certified "green" dry cleaner. Regular dry cleaners use chemicals to clean, defeating the purpose of having a natural bedding product.
Sunning Your Bedding
- Placing your wool bedding in the sun a few times per year is an excellent way to refresh and cleanse your bedding using the benefits of the sun. Sunning will naturally deodorize, bleach, disinfect, and revitalize your bedding.